Love it
This knife is awesome weight and super sharp, i have been batoning through lots of wood with this and it works very well, still sharp enough to shave hair. Its a little light to chop with but works well in all other aspects, the sheath is well made but i prefer a kydex usually so could use a upgrade but the nylon is high grade and it does have a plastic insert
Excellent large woods blade
For those who want a brief summary, I will say that this is an excellent knife, both in design and in quality. It clearly is toward the larger end of the spectrum, but I feel that the capabilities are worth the bulk and weight. Highly recommended.
This is an excellent all around woods knife. I have had mine for a couple months now, and have taken it on several outings. I've tried to test it in a variety of roles, and so far I've been very pleased. It batons wood very well, and the long blade gives you the ability to span a calf to thigh width log while still having enough point on the other side to split without using wooden wedges or some of the other techniques that are needed with smaller blades. I did not find that there was any undue shock transmitted to my hand, but the "SMS" notwithstanding, I did experience shock to my hand with certain woods. As a chopper, it does well, although it is considerably lighter than most knives in its class, so chopping ability...
bought it and it broke the first day...
i bought this knife after a lot of research... I bought it for processing firewood on my multi day outtings... my findings are here...
[...]
In the short story i went out back and was processing thigh to calve sized logs that were about 16-20 inches long... i had split a good pile but I had not been outside more than an hour on the first day of getting it... and the tip broke off right where the notch was/is...
i have it sent back to BUCK, they offered to replace it with no questions asked which is a plus...
i loved the weight and feel of the knife, well balanced, 14 oz for the knife and something like 23 oz with the way over built sheath, but it is a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of the other crummy sheaths you get with blades now a days...
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment