Thursday, September 26, 2013

Crosman Benjamin Discovery Pre-Charged Pneumatic PCP Dual Fuel .22 Air Rifle and Pump


Light, accurate, powerful and loud
I found this rifle a big step up from my spring-piston RWS. It has plenty of power for pest-control out to about 50 yards, and the accuracy required at that distance. Because it is so light and well-balanced, it is the easiest rifle to shoot offhand I have ever used. (Though the stock is short if you're tall. I use a recoil pad!) The pumping isn't too difficult.

The Benjamin Discovery pellets worked best for me; they are essentially hollow-point Crosman Premiers.

I knocked off one star because this rifle is quite loud. While this is typical of unshrouded PCP's, the loudness kept me from using the rifle as much as I would have liked to, or even practicing when I wanted (I live in town). The noise is why I no longer use this rifle, in favor of the similar (but mostly superior), extremely quiet, Benjamin Marauder.
Powerful and Well Built!
Man, the days of standing there pumping after every shot are over! I like to shoot and I was wanting a air rifle to so that I could shoot in my backyard. I still have my childhood Benjamin that is 20 years old so I felt that Benjamin had a quality product.

This air rifle is great! I went with the .22 caliber version and couldn't be happier with its performance and quality. I would say that you can get ~50 shots per charge before needing to pump it back up. Pumping isn't that difficult at all, about the same as a bicycle pump. There is very little recoil, not like the single cock spring guns.

Overall I'm very satisfied with this product and I haven't seen where anyone had any complaints for what all you get.
First impressions.
I been air gunning for well over 40yrs. I have a stable of springers,most tuned and modified to suit me. Own a couple of CO2 guns to round out my collection. Frankly, after I placed my order I was concerned I might have a bit of a problem pumping this bad boy up. Some reviews said it was a real workout! My ordering and shipping went flawlessly. Everything was well packed and gently handled by FedEx. When I opened the box and inspected my Disco it was flawless. Then came the moment of truth. Time to pump this bad boy up. I must admit I was a little bit concerned. No need to worry I pumped this unit up to 2000psi with NO problem. It was really easy. The trick is to make yourself pump slow and deliberate and take full strokes. I wish I counted but Benjamin literature indicated about 110 pumps should fill a empty gun. Even though my air gage showd 0 air pressure I think it had a small amount of air in. It. My pump never got hot,just warm to the touch.Now the fun part. Shot a few...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment