Thursday, September 26, 2013

Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope (Black)


Great Scope
I mounted this scope on my AR using the Burris QD mount. It was purchased with the intension of using it in 3 gun competitions. So far it has been sited in and put through some paces out to 400 yards. Product looks to be well built. Clean clear glass. I found the reticle to be a little large on the upper yardage but I knew this going in. It didn't matter much since at 300-400 I am hold over. Did not find the need to use the lighting. We will see how it does after some use. So far I am very satisfied!
Best glass for the money!
The MTAC is an amazing product for the money. The illuminated reticle is nice and bright. I could see it clearly on a bright sunny day. If you don't want to use the illumination, the reticle is still visible in plain black when off. I actually prefer the illumination off a lot of the time. The optics are super clear. 1x feels to be pretty darn close to true 1:1. I also like that there are off positions between each illumination setting. The eye relief is great!

My only gripe is that it didn't come with any kind of lens covers. I personally feel that any optics should come with some sort of lens protection. For those who are looking for Butler Creek flip open caps, here are the ones you need for this scope: 02A and 16

UPDATE:
I contacted Burris about something unrelated to this product, but I happened to mention that I wish my MTAC came with lens covers. The guy was awesome and said that he would try to dig some up and send them to me for free! I just got...
A great 3gun scope for a great price
The reticle is bright enough for day time use. It takes care of the need of a red dot and a normal zoom scope.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment