Thursday, September 26, 2013

HCO SG580MB Blackout Invisible GSM Cellular Wireless Scouting Camera


New Favorite Camera
This camera takes a little time to set up and get to work, but once its set up, it works great. I use an AT&T go phone pay as you go plan with unlimited texts. This costs $20/month. And once hunting season is over, I don't have to continue paying for the cell phone service. It also works better than I thought with the marginal cell coverage in my area. I'm getting every picture the camera takes delivered straight to my cell phone within a minute.

My only complaint about this camera is that it doesn't have an IMEI #. If it had one, I could have activated easily online. Instead, I had to go to an AT&T store and get a universal SIM card put in an old go phone I had. I was then able to put that SIM in the camera. You can't use a go phone SIM card because they are tied to a specicific IMEI.
Almost great
I chose this product because I needed to transmit the pictures and it listed the data feature as a cost savings advantage...

found out the following:

after two trips to the AT&T store, I discovered that this device only works with 3G cards (they would not sell me a data only plan on 3G, only 4G) so I finally wound up with a month to month plan and an unlimited text package (about $40 total) (use a dummy IMEI of all 1's)

I did add a small data package, However even thought he camera will store 8MP photos on the SD card, when sent by MMS the resolution is only 640x480, when using email the resolution is upped to 800x600

for the majority, free email services do not work with this product, as most require a SSL or a TSL connection and this device is not able to generate one...

that being said, I was able to use an email from my ISP (centurylink) and was able to finally get emails sent.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment