Friday, September 27, 2013

Clarion CMD8 1.8-Inch Marine CD-USB-MP3 Receiver


Check the Clarion web-site for tech support before you buy
I installed the CMD8 on a 36 foot sedan cruiser. I put the unit downstairs in the saloon, and mounted the MW1 wired remote up on the fly bridge. The installation allows me to use one stereo, with iPod located out of the weather, but control volume, tracks, etc. from either location. The iPod control is one of the best I've seen. You can even select to control it directly, instead of using the radio.

I initially complained about two problems.

1) The Owners/Installation manual is fair to poor.

2) Tech support is non-existent. When I had a problem, which turned out to be a defective iPod synch cable, I looked in the manual, expecting to see a toll free number for help. Not there. Then I looked online. Not there either.

So, my revised opinion is it's a good looking and working unit, with poor customer support. I raised my review from 2 to 3 stars.
Works great!
Check back after it has been in for a year and see if it still works...So far so good! Thinking it will work just great!
Like it....buy it.
Cool unit....big power...fit nice....remove the 2 screws on the top that are for the cd shipping. Or you could pull the dash again as I did. No mention of that in the manual....like it.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment