Friday, September 27, 2013

Trijicon S&W M&P HD Night Sight Set Front Outline, Yellow


almost like a red dot sight!
I've had a set of these on my full sized M&P 40 for a couple of months now. I couldn't be happier with them. They are a lot better than the stock sights which I was having trouble focusing on in lower light conditions such as a indoor range. They've helped me a lot with accuracy too!
The front sight has a large orange (or yellow) dot that has a tritium insert in it. The paint of the orange or yellow dot can also be "charged" up using a flashlight so that it glows for a short time as well. Although its generally pretty easy to see on its own. The rear sight is blacked out except for the tritium inserts on each side. Its also sloped back and serrated so it doesn't reflect the light. The tritium glows a fairly bright green in the dark.
keep in mind that you'll need to either buy a sight pusher ($120 or so) or have a gunsmith install these sights (cost me $30). Smith & Wesson presses the factory sights on really tight with some huge press. The dovetail groove is also tapered in...
Worth the price
The front sight is very bright and fast to acquire.The sights sit a little higher than standard sights, so at close range POA will be a few inches higher than normal. They do this so the sights can be used to manipulate the slide one-handed. Very good for competition or self-defense, I prefer them over the XS big dots. I put them on my S&W M&P 9 I used for IDPA, and my Springfield XD 9 subcompact I use for concealed carry. They're a little more expensive than other night sights, but I wouldn't change out my sights for anything but these.
Best sights!
Bought these for my Shield 9mm and they fit perfect the sights made the grouping on shots shrink down significantly. Very bright in dark and very easy to line sights up during daytime. My new favorite sights, will install these on my glocks.
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment