Friday, September 27, 2013

Bushnell 205110 Elite 1600 ARC 7 x 26mm Laser Rangefinder


Great Product, Needs Brighter Display
This range finder is one of the best I've used, other than military grade ones. I've done some capability testing with it during the day and night to see how well it actually performs. Here are a few stats:

Day Time Range on Trees: 1532m
Day Time Range on Houses: 1678m
Night Time Range on Trees: 1441m
Night Time Range on Houses: 1580m.

I took this up to Yosemite National Park also and was able to range rough rock faces out to around 1200-1300m. Now, all this sounds awesome right? Well, it is, the only real problem I encounter with this range finder is the lack of brightness in the display. With the brightness turned all the way up(Power 4 I believe) in bright day conditions, it is nearly impossible to read what range you are lazing. The way around that, that I found, is to laze your tgt. then quickly place your hand over the objective lens of the range finder to make it darker inside the range finder so you can actually read the display...
spot on distance. No windage. Out to 1500 meters. Works
The quick summary is in the header. Here's the details.

You will see on the downrange end of he unit 3 holes. On the LEFT is the optics 7 power x 26mm objective lens. Yea, they could be better, but this a RANGEFINDER and not a SPOTTING SCOPE, so I'm letting the 7 power slide. I can accurately find 1500 meters with it.

I have some photos of the display and will try to upload them once I resize them (used a 26 mp dslr camera and the files are huge)

In the middle is the laser receiver. You must ask now, where is the laser transmitter as this is a clsss blah blah laser device using invisible laser beams. Well I have a class blah blah invisable laser beam finder. It turns out that the laser is transmitted out the SAME lens (the 7x26) that you look through, only not into your eye - downrange. HOW? With a prism - just an extra prism to pass IR laser power downrange at the crosshairs lit up on the display. The pulse goes at the speed of light...
Best LRF for the price
Ok,

This is the Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC MONOCULAR range finder, not the FUSION binocs. I say this, because many people confuse the two.

This range finder works perfectly to 1600 yards without issue. I have not been able to get it to range past 1600 yards, so I wonder if it's software limited.

The primary difference between this unit and it's closest top-of-the-line competitor, the Leica 1600 Rangemester CRF is that this unit actually works and is 1/2 the price.

The glass on the Bushnell is not as nice and the Leica or the Swavorski LRF units.

However, Leica has a large number of 1600 units that don't actually work (range) properly, and the Swavorski, which better at ranging 2000 yard distances, does not have ANY of the fetured of this unit.

So, unless you NEED superior glass, as opposed to good glass, and you want to spend time and money looking for a working Leica unit, then this is the unit for you.

I'm...
Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment