Solid device but watch out for advertisement financed lifetime traffic updates
I bought the Garmin as a gift for my wife and was thrilled about the lifetime updates for traffic and maps.
Setup and navigation is good. We like the big screen and the way the information is provided.
The lifetime map updates sounds like a great feature. Maps can be updated four times a year and the access using the web page was easy. But I have to wonder what Garmin considers "useful life" of the device. But even if they are only available for three years, then it is still cheaper than buying the maps.
The conditions of lifetime traffic updates are definitely not what I expected and the reason that I am thinking of returning the device. The ads that finance the lifetime traffic pop up on the screen and disrupt the navigation. This is obnoxious! This should be mentioned in the product description! I couldn't even find information about the ad financed traffic on the Garmin web page!
Garmin 2350
I like everything about this unit better than my old GPS units EXCEPT......
This one has advertizements and cupon offers that pop up in the middle of the screen and it appears that the only way to get them off so that you can see the map fully is to manually change the screen. If it werent for the commercials, this unit would rate 5 stars.
Disappointed
Got my new Garmin GPS and to say the least I am very disappointed.
Pro's
- Fast loading of maps
- Quick satellite pick up
- Quick recalculations if you get off your route
- Nice display with good graphics
Con's
- You need a computer to register the unit (not in the product description) . If you don't register it the instruction say they will cut you off from MAP updates
- When you do register it you need a certain computer configuration or it won't work. Garmin also loads lots of stuff onto your computer in a very unusual manor (they put items in the startup tray but they are not in the startup folder)
- The download of maps is 6.6 Gigabytes - It took 7 hours
- Their web site says I need a software update, I did the update twice and it still says I need an update
- While using the unit commercials come up on the screen (not in the product description
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment